Wired up on comics and tacos. Can't drive, need iPod with more space, and I wear the same shirt for a week.
"2014 is not a good year to be a teenage girl. The last of the 90’s kids are growing up and we are starting to see the effects of being raised with the Internet. For generations before us, hormonal teenage boys looking for sexy images of women had limited options; they could brave the embarrassment of going to the counter and buying Playboy, they could look through their sister’s Cosmo or they could use their imagination. Porn today has rid itself of the embarrassment-factor by embracing the anonymity of the World Wide Web; Playboy isn’t really considered to be porn anymore, the real stuff lives in your phone, on your laptop, your tablet; it is available anywhere, anytime at the touch of a button. In fact this very website receives a steady stream of hits that result from someone googling some combination of ‘housekeeping porn’ + ‘sex’, ‘lesbian’ and/or ‘rape’. As you read this, somewhere there is an eleven-year-old boy curiously typing ‘porn’ into Google, probably hoping to see some big boobies. Fast forward a couple of years and he is masturbating to a video of a crying woman who is being tied down, simultaneously penetrated by three men, spanked, and being called a whore. Young boys are being de-sensitized to violence and the more they consume, the more abusive, the more graphic the porn has to be to excite them."
"She shouldn’t have taken nude photos of herself, she should have expected this to happen."
I’ve seen this getting thrown around a lot in the last few hours and it’s really sickening that so many people have this mentality. Blaming someone for having their nudes leaked is disgusting.
Why are you so angry about JLaw's nudes being leaked? I thought you didn't like her.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
Exactly I may not fuck with her but I fuck with basic human rights and the conservation of privacy. She nor does anyone deserve to have their rights violated in such a heinous manner.
The real story behind the war over YA novels
What’s really motivating the cultural panic over The Hunger Games and The Fault in Our Stars?
y’all should probably spend some time reading this
Oh my god this was supposed to be about books but it’s actually about my relationship with my parents I was unprepared for these feels
yep yep yep this
"The hot insistence on labeling YA as “trashy” and not fit for adult reading isn’t just about a visceral hatred of genre fiction. It’s also a form of denial from older adults who don’t want to engage with the issues faced by Millennials. If the validity of experiences underlying the desire to read YA can be eliminated, then older adults can feel less responsible for what they did to the generations that followed them"
This is a great, smart article, and well worth reading. It’s also worth sharing around.
"In a way, Millennials are trapped in a form of enforced childhood. They can’t fully spread their wings because their feathers have been clipped"
I was just thinking about this. We are growing up so slowly and when we want to progress it’s hard. The job market rejects a large amount of young people for fear of them being lazy and slacking on the job. I just want to form my own life already.